check out our video and see the difference
that Livaux™ can make to your life
About gold kiwifruit
Gold kiwifruit (Actinidia chinensis) are an excellent source of vitamin C, dietary fibre, folate, and other minerals and antioxidants. They are one of the most nutrient-dense fruits in the world.
The gold kiwifruit has bronze-toned, smooth, hairless skin. Its flavour is sweet and tropical, with notes of pineapple and mango. Gold kiwifruit are less acidic that the original green kiwifruit and have a slightly different nutritional composition.
The gold kiwifruit Anagenix uses to make Livaux™ are grown by Zespri©, the world’s leading kiwifruit producer.
The difference between green and gold kiwifruit1,2
• Provide about 63 micrograms of folate per serving, almost 30% more than the green variety
• Contain more vitamin C than green kiwifruit
• Have fewer seeds and smoother skins
• Provide about 3.7 grams of fibre per serving vs green kiwis at 5.4 grams
• Have lower carbs but slightly more fructose
• Have slightly higher levels of protein
• Are less acidic than green kiwifruit
New Zealand gold kiwifruit have a nutritional advantage
Not only does New Zealand have clean air and water, ample sunshine and rich soil, it also has higher UV levels than other countries at similar latitudes. Ultraviolet intensities in the New Zealand summer are at least 37% higher than similar latitudes in the northern hemisphere.
More UV in the sunlight translates to more polyphenols in the plant’s leaves and fruit. Some polyphenols have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, so a New Zealand-grown gold kiwifruit has higher bioactivity levels than a gold kiwifruit grown elsewhere.